Creative Writing: including, but not limited to fiction, non-fiction, poetry and multi-genre works.
Non-fiction: including, but not limited to, essays, academic writing, journalism and multi-genre works.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Colorado State University.
- Undergraduates in any major are welcome to submit.
- May submit up to one (1) work per category.
- All submissions must be the entrant's own original work and must be currently unpublished.
- All submissions must be written in English. Translations into English of work written in other languages will be accepted, provided that the original source is the entrant's own work.
- All submissions are final. No corrections or replacements will be allowed.
- Preference will be given to shorter documents.
- All submissions will be judged anonymously by a panel of CSU faculty and staff. Please ensure that any identifying information is removed from your work before submitting. Names will be reattributed to works only after winners have been decided.
- Highest Honor recipient will be published in the Journal of Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Excellence (author will retain copyright).
Winners will be recognized at the CURC Awards Ceremony at 5:00PM on Thursday, April 26, Lory Student Center Ballrooms A and B.
Refreshments will be served.
Judging will take place prior to the showcase.
In order to have your work considered, you must have the final product uploaded by 11:59 PM Monday, March 19, 2018.
How to Submit
All entries must be submitted electronically using the "Participate in CURC" links to the right. Be sure to remove all identifying information from your document before you upload it to the site.
Questions? Contact Dr. Melissa Edwards.